Prof. Ablade Glover was educated in La, attending both Primary and middle schools (La Bonney Primary schools, and la Salem-Presby Middle Boys Boarding Schools; after which he was admitted in 1952 to the Presby Training College at Akropong Akwepim, to train as a teacher.
Prof. Ablade Glover continued his education at various times on scholarship form the Government of Ghana and USAID. Schools attended include;
• The Kumasi College of Technology( Now Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology
• The Central school of Arts and Design ( Now University of the Arts)
• University of Newcastle Upon Tyne, UK.
• Kent State University, Kent Ohio, USA
• Ohio state University, Columbus, Ohio
After his educational sojourns he settled at the Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology, where he taught for thirty years, rising from assistant lecturer, to full professor; retiring in 1994; returned home to La, and established the Artists Alliance Gallery, devoting his retirement years to the practices of African traditional and contemporary Arts.
He is currently Head of KPOBI WE ROYAL FAMILY CLAN HOUSE.
Prof. Glover was awarded the National Honour, Member of the Order of the Volta-2010; and is also a fellow of the Ghana Academy of Arts and Sciences (FGA).
Prof. Glover spoke on What the artist(painter)paints and why.